Have you been experiencing trouble sleeping lately and are looking for ways to improve sleep quality? Tossing and turning for hours before you fall asleep, only to wake up an hour later and continue tossing and turning… We’ve all been there at some point and we all know how frustrating it is. Especially considering how important high-quality sleep is to our overall health. Luckily, there are so many simple ways to improve sleep quality. In this article, we’ll list 9 of the most effective ones you can try out today!
1. Avoid Bright Screens Before Bed
Just like so many people, you’ve probably adopted the habit of scrolling through your phone or watching TV before bed.
Sadly, this may be the reason you’re having trouble sleeping. You see, our circadian rhythm (sleep-wake cycle) is highly
influenced by our exposure to light throughout the day. When it’s light out, your body begins to produce serotonin,
which gives you energy. Once it gets dark and you’re no longer exposed to so much light, your body begins to produce
melatonin, which makes you tired. Bright screens may stop your body from producing melatonin and that’s why you may not
be getting tired. Try to avoid exposure to screens and bright lights about 2 hours before your bedtime.
2. Go to Sleep and Wake up Consistently
If you go to bed and wake up at different times every single day, then your circadian rhythm will be very imbalanced.
You may not only have trouble falling asleep but you may also feel drowsy during the day. This is because your body is
unsure about when it should produce melatonin and when it should produce serotonin. Try to go to bed and wake up at the
same time (or at least nearly the same time) every day, including the weekends.
3. Avoid Heavy Meals Before Bed
It is not recommended to eat any heavy meals within 2-3 hours of your bedtime. Of course, going to bed hungry also isn’t
an option and may just cause sleeplessness. Try having a proper dinner a few hours before your bedtime to ensure you
aren’t hungry. If, however, you still feel hungry, have a snack before bed but make sure to keep it as light as
possible. Avoid anything spicy, citrusy, fatty, or anything with caffeine.
4. Keep Your Bedroom Dark and Comfortable
A suitable sleeping environment is also crucial if you want to improve sleep quality. Make sure to close the curtains
when you go to bed to keep the room as dark as possible and make sure it’s not too hot or too cold. Also, consider
whether you feel comfortable in your bed. Do you often wake up with back pain? Neck pain? Is your mattress too soft or
too firm? If so, you may want to experiment with new pillows or mattresses (or just mattress toppers) until you find
what works best for you.
5. Don’t Go Overboard with Your NapsIf you have trouble sleeping, then I’m sure it’s tempting to take naps during the day. However, if your naps are too long or you have them too late in the day, you’ll experience even more trouble sleeping. Try to keep your naps short and always set an alarm after about 20 minutes. Also, squeeze in your naps as early in the day as possible and no later than 5 PM.
6. Do something relaxing before bedIf you go to bed feeling stressed out, then it’s very likely you’ll experience trouble falling asleep. How are you supposed to calmly doze off if you’re still thinking about that deadline at work? Try doing something relaxing each night before bed: reading, meditating, journaling, or listening to some of your favorite music. Just 15 minutes of such relaxing activities before bed will do wonders for your sleep quality.
7. ExerciseRegular exercise helps a lot with sleep problems. A study by King et al. demonstrated that people who exercise tend to fall asleep much faster than those who don’t and they also end up sleeping for a longer period. Try doing at least some moderate exercise several times a week. However, try to squeeze your workouts in during the morning or early afternoon because working out late in the day may disrupt your sleep schedule even more.
8. Don’t Give in to the Frustration of Not Being able to Sleep
We’ve all been there. Laying in bed for hours, checking the clock, only to get more and more frustrated that you can’t
fall asleep which, in turn, makes it impossible to do so. This often leads to completely sleepless nights. Well, instead
of tossing and turning in utter frustration all night, get out of bed as soon as you realize you can’t sleep and try to
wind down. Turn on some relaxing music, read a book, or do anything else that you enjoy in low light until you get tired
enough to give it another go.
9. Consider Melatonin Supplements
When it comes to sleeping pills, melatonin is probably the best option and it is one of the most popular sleeping
remedies in the world. Melatonin is a hormone that is naturally produced in our bodies and makes us tired. If you
can’t sleep, then your body isn’t producing enough of it. The reason why melatonin beats other sleeping supplements
is that it doesn’t have any side effects if taken at the correct
dosage. This means that you won’t feel any drowsiness, nausea, or pain after taking melatonin
When it comes to supplements, you really need to make sure the brand is reliable and certified, which is why Gummies Garden is your best option! Their strawberry-flavored melatonin gummies are NSF certified, GMO-free, gluten-free, cruelty-free, and 100% vegan. They were designed to help those suffering from insomnia and anxiety. Customers have reported noticeable improvements in their sleep-wake cycle and the amount of deep sleep that they get.
Whatever you’re suffering from: whether it’s insomnia, anxiety, stress, jet lag, or anything else that keeps you up at night, you’ve finally found the ultimate solution to improve sleep quality. All you need to do is take two of these delicious gummies about half an hour before bed and then you’ll calmly doze off to sleep.
Improved sleep quality isn’t even where the benefits of these gummies end! You’ll also give your immune system a boost, reduce stress levels and find it easier to calm down, and you should even notice clearer and brighter skin.
Gummies Garden offers a full refund if you return the product within 30 days, no questions asked. So there’s nothing to lose. Good sleep is the least you can do for your body, so if you have trouble sleeping, there’s no time to waste! Click here to get your first batch of these certified melatonin gummies today!